The first white settlers in McHenry County arrived in 1834 and set up camp at the top of the hill, where the cemetery is today.
Algonquin was first laid out as a town in 1837 and was given the name Osceola. When the town was officially platted in 1844, it was renamed Algonquin because Illinois already had an Osceola.
Tafel's Log Cabin & Motel
The place at the top of the hill has a long history behind it
Simonini's and other local eateries
Resorts and discotheques
<<< Chicagoland History